When you start creating clothes, you are capturing your personal stamp. This requires creating custom clothing labels as a complement that will make your brand stand out, making it quality and attractive.
When designing or creating labels, you will represent logos and texts in a defined space. Thus, it is essential to know what will work and what will not. Then, we’ve put together a series of tips to help you bring custom labels to life.
Types of clothing labels
So, here are different methods to create clothing labels, likewise several types of textile material can be used. However, not all methods will be ideal for a certain type of fabric.
Printed clothing labels
They are the traditional clothing labels, which are sewn on the neck, made of polyamide. They can include enough information on both sides. It is best to follow the following tips:
- The perfect design is simple, and the details are made visible.
- A very limited text, minimum size 7pts
- Select letters type “sans” (Arial, Helvetica, Future).
- You are free to dispense with giving details about the pattern, the origin of the garment, the composition or the washing rules.
Screen printed labels
On the other hand if you choose to create screen printed type clothing labels, the print will be done directly on the neck. The available size of the label is maximum 9x9cm. Some tips to consider with this type of labels are:
- Choose letters type “sans” (Arial, Helvetica, Future)
- The use of black ink is not recommended, because it pierces the fabric, looking like spots or spots on the back.
- If you are going to create clothing labels of various colors, the ideal is to use medium gray ink. This gray stands out perfectly with a wide range of colors. This way you will save on ink changes.
- It is not necessary to include the origin of the garment, the composition and the washing rules.
- 9pts minimum text format.
However if you choose to create woven type clothing labels, you will invest in quality, giving the garment a higher cost. Woven labels can be made on the neck or on the sleeve cuffs. The tips for this type of label are:
- Your designs must be simple. Avoid inconspicuous details.
- With a text size of not less than 7 pts, and limited.
- Choose letters type “sans” (Arial, Helvetica, Future).
- You have the freedom to create more interesting clothing labels, by including up to four colors of the child, without generating an extra expense.
Indeed, you need to know that in Tshirts Florida we have a variety of ideal designs to create and bring style to clothing labels for your personal brand. Then, you will have professional quality assistance and service. For that reason, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to assist you.